Rogue Fu Fighting
What is Rogue Fu Fighting?
Simply put, it is a starting point to describe methods for using rogues in combat for newer players and those that operate solely from a "no barracks" situation coupled with an Alcatraz GB and a Rogue Hideout/Den.
These methods are for auto-clicking as MUCH as possible for SPEED to save time as well as basic army units and rogues. Again, these techniques work in the Industrial/Colonial Ages and lower but may not for higher Ages.
There are two basic opponent configurations: Ones WITH artillery and ones WITHOUT. You always hope for those without as the odds of winning and unit survivability are much better with the auto-click.
Enter the Army Selection screen and look at the opposition – best case is the opposing army is all of the Same Type but let’s break it down starting with the easiest …
- All Fast (e.g., Calvary). A simple setup is needed; choose one Light and the rest Rogues (1L + 7R). Enter into the combat screen, do NOT move any troop but mash that skip button the first round and then auto-click.
- All Heavy (e.g., Legionnaire). Easy-peasy, choose one Heavy and the rest Rogues (1H + 7R). Do the same as all fast (skip round 1 and auto).
- All Ranged Simple, choose one Fast (Calvary) unit and the rest Rogues (1F + 7R). In the first round, move your Fast unit to the top or bottom corner and then skip all remaining moves of the Fast and Rogues. The opposition advances and then skip your Fast unit one more time then auto-click.
- All Artillery (e.g., Trebuchets). Follow the same technique as All Ranged (1F + 7R). Depending on bonuses, you may need to manually play two rounds in order to hold the Fast unit in the corner one extra round (especially if there is a second fight after). An alternative is to use one Light and the rest Rogues. Skip the Light unit’s first move and then auto-click.
- Mix of Ground (e.g., mix of Range, Fast, and Heavy). Get one Heavy and your Rogues (1H + 7R). Skip the first round for your entire Army and then auto-click.
- Mix of All (e.g., Ground + Artillery). These suck. Depending on your bonus, you should be able to use the same set up as All Artillery and come out fine – but the Light + Rogues usually fares better.
If your bonuses are awful and your guys keep dying, you will need to manually fight deeper into the rounds so you can run your basic units or transformed rogues back to a safe corner when they become too wounded.
Go back to Home Page.